Saturday, August 12, 2006

Google Analytics

I recently discovered annother awesome google service when I was looking for a way to track traffic in the Program Board website. Google Analytics [analytics.google.com] (I know, difficult to spell) is a full featured analizing and reporting tool for web traffic. It uses a little slice of javascript embeded in each page that you wish to track and can then generate reports for your websites. It's really good, and I am going to look really good using it! YEA!! I installed it on both the Program Board site and my personal site.

Google is publishing software too! The google pack (pack.google.com) packages the most important programs into one download, so that you can get everything you need from one download. Awesome!

I STRONGLY encourage everyone to get a google account [google.com] because they have so many awesome tools. The things I use the most are the Mail (gmail.com), Calendar (calendar.google.com), webmaster tools (google.com/webmasters), and now Analytics. They also have a spreadsheet program (spreadsheets.google.com), webpage creator (pages.google.com), News Feed Reader (reader.google.com), and alot more! If everyone had a Google account, then everyone could share all of our information with eachother. Anyways, go get an account!

That's enough praise for an entire month.