Are you a GMU undergraduate student looking to get research experience related to weather, climate, or computing? Are you looking for a Senior project and research advisor? Are you a work-study or OSCAR student looking for a project?
Some potential projects include:
- Developing an online forum for user interaction and support of a large science project
- Making Real-time forecasts weekly forecasts with a global climate model
- Blogging about the weather: explaining week-3 and week-4 predictions for general understanding
- Why is the weather weird? Investigating the reasons for extreme weather and climate events
- Website development for a large science project
- Sharing code: developing a project space on GitHub and making existing codes available and well-documented for use by the scientific community
Graduate students interested in pursing research related to climate variability, predictability, and prediction on timescales of 2-weeks to
several years as part of the Climate Dynamics PhD Program or the Earth System Science Master's Program are encouraged to contact me about research opportunities.
Recent and soon to be PhD graduates looking for a host to work on research related to climate variability, predictability, or prediction for any of
the programs below are encouraged to contact me to discuss potential research projects.
NOAA Climate and Global Change Postdoctoral Fellowship
NOAA Postdocs Applying Climate Expertise Fellowship
NSF Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship
National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship