Hello, I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at George Mason University.
I work in the Computational Biology Laboratory with
Dr. Amarda Shehu. She makes me work
on Structural Bioinformatics, Evolutionary Algorithms, Heuristic Search, and other AI techniques; which I absolutely
love. I am terrible at work-life balance, so mostly, I either do work-work balance or life-life balance.
Welcome to my webpage.
Protein Structure Prediction
More specifically on template-free PSP
Mostly on multi-objective EAs
On the structure spaces
- Ahmed Bin Zaman,Prasanna Parthasarathy, and Amarda Shehu. Using Sequence-Predicted Contacts to Guide Template-free Protein Structure Prediction. ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM BCB), Niagara falls, NY, 2019 (Accepted).
- Ahmed Bin Zaman, Parastoo Kamranfar, Carlotta Domeniconi, and Amarda Shehu. Decoy Ensemble Reduction in Template-free Protein Structure Prediction. Computational Structural Bioinformatics Workshop (CSBW), Computational Structural Bioinformatics Workshop (CSBW), Niagara falls, NY, 2019 (Accepted).
- Ahmed Bin Zaman and Amarda Shehu. Building Maps of Protein Structure Spaces in Template-free Protein Structure Prediction. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (JBCB), 2019 (Under review).
- Ahmed Bin Zaman, Kenneth A De Jong, and Amarda Shehu. Using Subpopulation EAs to Map Molecular Structure Landscapes. Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO), Prague, Czech Republic, 2019.
- Ahmed Bin Zaman and Amarda Shehu. Balancing Multiple Objectives in Conformation Sampling to Control Decoy Diversity in Template-free Protein Structure Prediction. BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 20, issue 1, pg. 211, 2019.
- Ahmed Bin Zaman and Amarda Shehu. Equipping Decoy Generation Algorithms for Template-free Protein Structure Prediction with Maps of the Protein Conformation Space. Intl Conf on Bioinf and Comp Biol (BiCoB), Honolulu, HI, 2019 (Finalist for best paper award).
- Ahmed Bin Zaman and Amarda Shehu. A Multi-Objective Stochastic Optimization Approach for Decoy Generation in Template-free Protein Structure Prediction. Biophysical Journal, vol. 116, issue 3, Suppl. 1, 2019.
- Steven Meckl, Gheorghe Tecuci, Dorin Marcu, Mihai Boicu, and Ahmed Bin Zaman. Collaborative Cognitive Assistants for Advanced Persistent Threat Detection. AAAI Fall Symposium Series, Arlington, VA, 2017.
- Doctor of Philosophy (graduation expected in May 2021)
George Mason University
- Bachelor of Science
Computer Science and Engineering
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
- Graduate Research Assistant
Computational Biology Laboratory, George Mason University
May 2018 – Present
Global Computing Laboratory, University of Tennessee
- Graduate Teaching Assistant
Department of Computer Science, George Mason University
August 2016 – May 2017, August 2017 – May 2018
- Graduate Research Assistant
Learning Agents Center, George Mason University
Computer Science and Engineering, Metropolitan University
September 2015 - August 2016
- Team Leader, Researcher, and Developer
October 2012 - July 2015
- Sports and Cultural Executive
CSE Society, Shahjalal University of Science & Technology
July 2010 - December 2011