· Faculty Study Leave, GMU Provost Office, 2015
· Teacher of Distinction Award 2012, Center for Teaching and Faculty Excellence, GMU.
· INFORMS Aviation Application Section- 1st Prize Best Dissertation Award 2010 for Dr. Ganesan’s Ph.D. student – Poornima Balakrishna
· Transportation Research Board’s Airport Cooperative Research Program’s Graduate Research Award 2010 in Public-Sector Aviation Issues for Dr. Ganesan’s M.S. student – Sameer Kulkarni
· Outstanding Teaching Award 2009- Volgenau School of Engineering, GMU.
· Best Paper Award 2008 (Air Transportation Track and Session), 27th IEEE-Digital Avionics Systems Conference, Estimating Taxi-Out Times with a Reinforcement Learning Algorithm, Poornima Balakrishna, Rajesh Ganesan, Lance Sherry, SEOR, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, and Benjamin S. Levy, Sensis Corporation, East Syracuse, NY.
· New Partner in Education Award: Alexandria City Public Schools, 2008.
· Outstanding Dissertation Award, University of South Florida, 2006.
· Institute of Industrial Engineers- IIE Graduate Research Award (for Masters Thesis), 1st Prize, 2004.
· Outstanding Masters Thesis Award, University of South Florida, 2003.
· University First Rank in B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1996.
· Academic Excellence Award, Mechanical Engineering Association, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India, 1995.
· College Merit Scholarship, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India 1993.
· National Merit Scholarship, Govt. of India, 1992.
Elected Positions at Professional Societies
· Council Member of Quality, Statistics and Reliability (QSR) subdivision, Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS), 2010-2012.
· Secretary and Treasurer for INFORMS QSR division, 2008-2010.
· Inducted into the National Academy of Inventors (Univ. of South Florida Chapter), 2010.
· Promoted as Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, MICO-Bosch, 1999.
· Listed in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, Who’s who in Engineering Education 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, and 2012.
· 2000 Outstanding Scientists 2008/2009, International Biographical Centre, Great Britain.