your MASON account
to publish your Web site
This is NOT your MEMO E-MAIL account.
You must activate your mason account if you want to create a Web
directory on the mason server and post Web material. Some other programs
are also available on the mason/osf1 server.
Do it on the Web at: https://mason.gmu.edu/ISO/SysEng/Mason/account.html
If that is not working, do it this way from a telnet program:
Click on Start (bottom left side of your Windows
Select RUN. Then type in telnet mason.gmu.edu
- At the login: prompt, type accounts and press Enter
- At the Password: prompt, press Enter
- At the GMU ID number (SS#) prompt, type in your 9 digit
number and press Enter. Your SS # won't be displayed
- Your first name will then appear. When prompted "Is this correct?",
type Y if correct. If the information is not correct, the session
will end and you will have to start over.
- At the prompt for "Your Pin," type your four (4) digit PIN
number. Your PIN won't be displayed for privacy.
- Follow the rest of the prompts to get your new account or reset your
Accessing the GMU MEMO
E-mail account system
[not the same as your mason account, above]
1. To activate your account or reset your password, go to
2. To use your MEMO E-mail account on the Web, type:
http://mail.gmu.edu/ in the location address of your browser.
To use your MEMO account on the Web: http://mason.gmu.edu/~montecin/memo/memo_www.htm
- You will see a login window. Type in your email name
(without the email@example.com) and your password, where indicated.
- Then click the LOGIN button
To configure your Netscape mail client for MEMO mail: http://mason.gmu.edu/~montecin/netscape-memo.htm