Blogger instructions for Blogger.com
1) Go to Blogger.com (http://www.blogger.com)
2) See Create Your Own Blog!
Click the "Start Now" button. You should see these fields:
3) Complete the form, write down the user name and password you choose and click "Sign Up."
4) At the main blogger screen, look for the “Create a new blog” button and click it.
5) You should see the "CREATE A BLOG" screen:
Choose a title which describes the theme of your web log (blog), and type a short description of the purpose for the blog or other introductory comments.
Leave Yes at the Public Blog. Click Next
6) If you have a web page, check "FTP it to your own server."
[If you don't have a web page of your own, select "Host it at Blog Spot" and follow the instructions.]
You should see something like: /home/u5/yourusername [Substitute your mason account name for yourusername.]
Your ftp path will be the path demonstrated in the graphic above with /public_html added on.
Write it down!
REMEMBER THE FILE NAME OF YOUR BLOGGER! [If you can't remember it, you can use an ftp program to see the filename in your Web space.]
9) Choose a template (different graphical designs for your blog site) and click Finish
10) Write your blog text and Post and Publish it.:
After a moment, you should see a "page" similar to this one:
This page contains all the information you will need to post to comments to your web log.
Include a title in the "Title" box.
Type the text you want to appear in the box below
the title box. Then select Post & Publish. (See
To see your web log, wait a few moments, and then
type in the address you created for your web log.
11) Posting future blogs:
To add comments to your web log, simply go to blogger.com,
sign in on the right-hand side of the page, and click on the name of the
web log (also on the right-hand side of the page) to which you want to
Check your blog by entering the URL you have created for it. [If
you posted it in your mason public_html space, the Web address should begin
[Verify the name of your blog you typed in #7, above.]
You can link your blogger file to your home page by making the address a link.
home | blog resources | how-to resources