Graphical Models: Assignment 2
Due February 6, 2017
(extended to February 7, 2017)
- Answer the following true/false questions about the Bayesian network shown below. Explain your
reasoning. Picture has been corrected.
- K is independent of A given F.
- F d-separates A from B and D.
- E is independent of H given B.
- B is independent of C given G and H.
- J is independent of D given E, H and C.
- Find the Markov blanket of F. Find the Markov blanket of E. Explain your reasoning.
- How many probabilities would be needed to define a fully
specified joint distribution on 25 random variables with 4 states per
random variable? How many probabilities are needed for a Bayesian
network with one root node, two nodes with one parent, and the rest of
the nodes with two parents?
- Repeat Problem 3 with 100 random
variables with 10 states per random variable. Find the general
formula for the answer to Problem 3 if there are n random variables with k states per random variable.