PhD Student | Research Assistant | Graduate Lecturer
Department of Computer Science
George Mason University
B.S. in Computer Science
Minor in Economics
University of Virginia '12
Email: jkrishn2 (at) gmu (dot) edu
Office: ENGR 4421
Advisor(s): Huzefa Rangwala(C), Hemanth Purohit
Presenting at AAAI-MAKE.
Stanford University, Palo Alto, California.
March 25-27, 2019.
Attending KBCOM Workshop with Trevor Reed. Los Angeles, California.
Feb. 5-9, 2018.
Receiving Award from Dr. John Mather.
NASA GSFC, Greenbelt, Maryland.
July 28, 2017.
Natural Language Processing || Deep Learning || Knowledge Graph Construction || Space Exploration Systems Research
- In Progress (GMU): Modeling precursors for events during natural disasters using twitter data (with Profs. H. Purohit and H. Rangwala)
- In Progress (NASA GSFC): Targetted Open IE System to build a Common-Sense KB for SEVA (with P. Coronado)
- Jitin Krishnan, Patrick Coronado, and Trevor Reed. “SEVA: A Systems Engineer’s Virtual Assistant”. In Proceedings of the AAAI 2019 Spring Symposium on Combining Machine Learning with Knowledge Engineering (AAAI-MAKE). Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA.
|Teaching (I am not teaching this semester but feel free to take a look at my syllabi below)
- Graduate Lecturer at Computer Science Department, GMU
- CS112 Introduction to Programming in Python (Fall 2018) - syllabus
- CS310 Data Structures in Java (Fall 2017, Spring 2018) - syllabus
- Computer Science Faculty | Teacher at Governor School - STEM initiative between Prince William County Public Schools and GMU
(Holds Provisional Educator License in Virginia, endorsed in Computer Science)
- CS112 Introduction to Programming in Java (Fall 2016, 2017) - syllabus
- CS211 Object Oriented Programming in Java (Spring 2017, 2018) - syllabus
- (Past) As a Graduate TA: CS465 Computer Systems Architecture, CS310 Data Structures
- Summer 2019 (PhD ML): Facebook, Inc. (Seattle, WA) - Working on Large Scale Graph Processing and Graph CNNs.
- Summer 2015-2018 (AI Research): NASA GSFC (Greenbelt, MD) - Designing a Virtual Assistant for Systems Engineers. Paper.
- Algorithms related: CS583 Analysis of Algorithms, CS630 Advanced Algorithms, CS684 Graph Algorithms,
CS695 Network Science, Principles, and Applications, CS896 Scheduling Algorithms and Game Theory
- AI related: CS580 Intro to Artificial Intelligence, CS681 Designing Expert Systems, CS782 Machine Learning,
INFS772 Intelligent Agents/Semantic Web
- Coursera: Deep Learning Specialization and Machine Learning
High School CS Mentees (at Governor School 2016-2018)
Patriot High School '17
University of Virginia '21
Osbourn Park High School '17
Cornell University '21
Osbourn Park High School '18
Stanford University '22
(Page last updated: April 2019)