John S. Gero
- Gero, JS (ed) (2018) Design Computing and Cognition'18, Springer (to appear)
- Ashrafganjouei, M and Gero, JS Exploring the effect of visual constraint on students’ design cognition
- Becker, K, Gero, JS, Pourmohamadi, M, Abdellahi, S, Almeida, L and Luo, Y (2018) Quantifying Differences Between Professional Expert Engineers and Engineering Students Designing: Empirical Foundations for Improved Engineering Education, Paper presented at 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition , Salt Lake City, Utah: ASEE2018 Paper ID #21338. (pdf)
- Bilda, Z and Gero, JS Imagery as a tool to improve idea development. (pdf)
- Cha, MY and Gero, JS Shape pattern representation
for design computation. (pdf)
- Gero, JS and Kannengiesser, U Modelling situated design optimization. (pdf)
- Gero, JS and Kannengiesser, U Creative designing: An ontological view and its implications for computational creativity.
- Gero, JS and Kannengiesser, U Commonalities across designing: Evidence from models of designing and experiments (pdf)
- Gero, JS, Kazakov, V and Tsirlin, A Design richness and design representation.
- Gero, JS and Smith GJ (undated Working Paper) A computational framework for concept formation for a situated design agent: Gero and Fujii revisited. (pdf)
- Gero, JS and Smith GJ (undated Working Paper) A computational framework for concept formation for a situated design agent: Constructive memory. (pdf)
- Gero, JS and Williams, CB Cognitive characterization of brainstormng in conceptual engineering design.
- Gero, JS and Yu, R What are you looking at when you are using CAAD? An exploratory study using eye-tracking when designing with parametric CAAD, (draft pdf)
- Gero, JS, Yu, R and Wells, J (2018) Creative design cognition differences between high school students with and without design education, E Dekoninck, A Wodehouse, C Snider, G Georgiev and G Cascini (eds), Fifth International Conference on Design Creativity (ICDC2018, University of Bath and Design Society, pp. 5.5: 1-8. (pdf)
- Gero, JS, Yu, R and Wells, J (2018) The effect of design education on the creative design cognition of high school students, International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation (to appear) (pdf)
- Hu, M, Shealy, T and Gero, JS (2018) Neuro-cognitive differences among engineering students when using unstructured, partially structured and structured concept generation techniques, Paper presented at 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition , Salt Lake City, Utah: ASEE2018. (pdf)
- Jiang, H and Gero, JS Modeling team design activities: An extended linkography approach.
- Kannengiesser, U and Gero, JS (2018) Ekphrasis as a basis for a framework for creative design processes, in JS Gero (ed), Design Computing and Cognition-18, Springer (to appear)
- Kannengiesser, U and Gero, JS Communication: A design perspective.
- Kannengiesser, U and Gero, JS Design thinking, fast and slow. (pdf)
- Kelly, N and Gero, JS Situations, knowledge and conceptual spaces.
- Kelly, N and Gero, JS Situated interpretation in computational creativity. (pdf)
- Kim, J, Maher, ML, Gero, JS and Sauda, E (2018) Metaphor: A tool for designing the next generation of human-building interaction, eCAADe (to appear) (pdf)
- Milovanovic, J and Gero, JS (2018) Exploration of cognitive design behavior during design critiques, DESIGN 2018, D Marjanovic, PJ Clarkson, U Lindemann, T McAloone and C Weber (eds), Human Behavior in Design Vol. 5, pp. 2099-2110. doi.org/10.21278/idc.2018.0547 (pdf)
- Milovanovic, J and Gero, JS FBS model of co-design.
- Neramballi, A, Tomohiko Sakao, T and Gero, JS (2018) What do experienced practitioners discuss when designing Product/Service Systems? in JS Gero (ed), Design Computing and Cognition-18, Springer (to appear)
- Peng, W and Gero, JS Situated concept formation from interactions: An implementable constructive memory model. (pdf)
- Peng, W, Adikari, A, Alahakoon, D and Gero, JS Analyzing consumer behavior from tweets during telecommunications service outages: Social media influence factors. (pdf)
- Perišić, M, Štorga, M and Gero, JS (2018) Exploring the effect of experience on team behavior: A computational approach, in JS Gero (ed), Design Computing and Cognition-18, Springer (to appear)
- Sakao, T, Gero, JS and Mizuyama H A cognitive case study of a product/service-system design using protocol analysis. (pdf)
- Sarkar, S and Gero, JS The role of perceived value and social communication in enabling creative destruction.
- Shealy, T, Hu, M and Gero, JS (2018) Neuro-cognitive differences between brainstorming, morphologivcal analysis and TRIZ, ASME IDETC, paper DETC2018-86272. (pdf).
- Thomas, R and Gero JS When are markets poised for disruption? - A socio-cognitive model of the evolution of consumer values across product lifecycles.
- Vieira S, Gero JS, Delmoral J, Fernandes, C, Gattol V and Fernandes A (2018) Workshop Paper: Studying the neurophysiology of designing through an EEG study of layout design: Preliminary results, DCC'18 Workshop on Neurophysiological Measures and Biometric Analyses in Design Research, Lecco, Italy, July 2018. (pdf)
- Vieira S, Gero JS, Delmoral J, Fernandes, C, Gattol V and Fernandes A Insights from an EEG study of industrial designers’ problem solving and designing
- Yu, R and Gero, JS (2018) Using eye-tracking to study designers’ cognitive behaviour when designing with CAAD, in P. Rajagopalan (ed), Engaging Architectural Science: Meeting the Challenges of Higher Density: 52nd International Conference of the Architectural Science Association (to appear) (pdf)
- Yu, R and Gero, JS Ontologically based design patterns in parametric design— result from a pilot study.
- Yukhina, E and Gero, JS Spatial abilities and designing: A psychometric study of architecture students.