Ioannis (Yannis) Bellos
Information Systems and Operations Management
George Mason University
School of Business
4400 University Drive, MS 5F4
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Ph.D. in Operations Management, Georgia Institute of Technology, August 2012.
Diploma (M.Sc. Equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece), 2006.
Sustainable Operations, Sharing and Access Economy, Service Operations, Service Design, Servicizing, Innovative Business Models.
1. Agrawal, V., and I. Bellos, 2017, "The Potential of Servicizing as a Green Business Model," Management Science, 63(5), 1545-1562.
2. Bellos, I., M. Ferguson, and L. B. Toktay, 2017, "The Car Sharing Economy: Interaction of Business Model Choice and Product Line Design," Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 19(2), 185-201.
3. Bellos, I., and S. Kavadias, 2018, "When Should Customers Control Service Delivery? Implications for Service Design," under third-round review (minor revision) at Production and Operations Management.
4. Bellos, I., and S. Kavadias, 2017, "Service Design for a Holistic Customer Experience: A Process Perspective," invited for second-round review at Management Science.
1. Agrawal, V., and I. Bellos, 2016, "Servicizing in Supply Chains and Environmental Implications," in Environmentally Responsible Supply Chains: Opportunities and Challenges, Atasu, A. (Ed.) Springer Series in Supply Chain Management Vol. 3, pp. 109-124.
2. Bellos, I., and M. Ferguson, 2016, "Moving from a Product-Based Economy to a Service-Based Economy for a More Sustainable Future," in Sustainable Supply Chains, Bouchery, Y., T. Tan, J. Fransoo and C. Corbett (Eds.) Springer Series in Supply Chain Management Vol. 4, pp. 355-373.
Pedagogical Material Development (Case Studies)
Jacobs, B. W., S. Kavadias, and I. Bellos, "Saturn VTi: The Continuous Variable Transmission Project."
Bellos, I., and S. Kavadias, "Entomics: Closing the Loop on Food Waste. R&D and Business Model Challenges," teaching case under development.
School of Business, George Mason University
- Operations Management (EMBA 638), Core Executive MBA course
· Spring 2016 (4.20/5.0)
- Operations Management (MBA 638), Core MBA course
· Spring 2018 (4.66/5.0, 4.68/5.0), Spring 2017 (4.87/5.0, 4.71/5.0), Spring 2016 (4.96/5.0, 4.91/5.0), Fall 2015 (4.67/5.0), Fall 2014 (4.58/5.0)
- Operations Management (OM 301), Core undergraduate course
· Summer 2016 (4.86/5.0), Fall 2015 (4.62/5.0), Summer 2015 (4.90/5.0), Spring 2015 (4.72/5.0, 4.91/5.0), Fall 2014 (4.50/5.0), Spring 2014 (4.67/5.0, 4.54/5.0), Fall 2013 (4.91/5.0, 4.83/5.0), Spring 2013 (4.87/5.0, 4.84/5.0), Fall 2012 (4.60/5.0, 4.45/5.0)
Scheller College of Business, Georgia Tech
- Operations Management (MGT 3501), Core undergraduate course
· Spring 2012 (4.58/5.0), Fall 2011 (4.71/5.0), Spring 2011 (4.90/5.0), Spring 2010 (4.70/5.0)
Awards and Honors
Faculty of the Year, MBA Class of 2017, School of Business, George Mason University, 2017.
Nominated for the Outstanding Contributions to Teaching Award, School of Business, George Mason University, 2017.
Nominated for the Career Connection Faculty Award, George Mason University, 2016.
Nominated for the Outstanding Contributions to Teaching Award, School of Business, George Mason University, 2015.
INFORMS ENRE Section Young Researcher Prize, Runner Up (Second Place), 2014.
Best Student Paper Award, POMS College of Product Innovation and Technology Management, 2012.
Finalist for the Georgia Tech CETL/BP Outstanding Graduate Instructor Award, 2012.
INFORMS Service Science Best Student Paper Competition, Honorable Mention, 2011.
Georgia Institute of Technology "Thank a Teacher" Program Certificate, 2011.
"This is why I let my customers run my business," Cambridge Network, July 18, 2017.
"Car Sharing Economy: Interaction of Business Model Choice and Product Line Design," Shared Mobility, July 9, 2017.
"From the Car sharing Economy to how to Approach a Research Partnership?" Research and Grants eNews, School of Business, George Mason University, June 2, 2017.
"INFORMS ICMYI, Author Spotlight," INFORMS, March 2017.
"Car Sharing is Smart Business for Manufacturers and the Environment," School of Business News, George Mason University, October 19, 2016.
"Innovative Business Models May Lead to More Sustainable Operations," News at Mason, George Mason University, January 9, 2015.